A website of my own - where to begin

Started by N-drju, August 09, 2019, 08:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

N-drju

So how does Weebly actually work Attila? How come hosting and domain name is free for you? ??? From what I keep seeing, these services usually cost money...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

archonforest

Quote from: N-drju on August 12, 2019, 03:16:15 AMSo how does Weebly actually work Attila? How come hosting and domain name is free for you? ??? From what I keep seeing, these services usually cost money...
They have a free service for everybody. Take a look of the website.

WAS

Quote from: N-drju on August 12, 2019, 02:51:48 AM
Quote from: WASasquatch on August 09, 2019, 12:57:44 PMHowever if you take that route I will offer my assistance freely where I can.

So you do things like that (semi)professionally? I need to make up my mind, but I could sure use some help... Maybe even paid, profit-share help if I figure out how to lure advertisers onto a potential webpage.

Indeed. In fact brushing up on more modern mobile stuff as last week. I fell out around the time mobile development took off (moved to server management at a datacenter) and become more than just figuring out how to make websites basic for mobile, by removing styles. Mobile development has gotten really weird. Moving from targeting resolutions, to large scale resolutions, to than going back to low scale resolutions despite phone being at high resolutions. It's all a mess but they seem to be slowly reaching a standard between browser... with lots of fighting.

And yeah, we may be able to do something. We could chat.

CredePendrel

archonforest

Oshyan

Weebly, like Wix and Squarespace, is a drag-and-drop site builder. You can create simple pages, but also more complex things like column layouts, galleries, video embeds, etc. It's pretty powerful and generally pretty easy to use.

- Oshyan