Viewport feature request

Started by digitalguru, August 23, 2019, 10:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalguru

Don't know if this would prove to be a major feature request or not, but just wondering if it would be possible to have the viewport autmatically "track" the current renderer node as they are switch (based on the selelction in the left hand panel?)

I use a few render nodes in a scene - main render, and nodes for baking micro exporters, vector displacement etc, and it would really speed up the workflow if they could automatically switch.

WAS

Quote from: digitalguru on August 23, 2019, 10:03:08 AMDon't know if this would prove to be a major feature request or not, but just wondering if it would be possible to have the viewport autmatically "track" the current renderer node as they are switch (based on the selelction in the left hand panel?)

I use a few render nodes in a scene - main render, and nodes for baking micro exporters, vector displacement etc, and it would really speed up the workflow if they could automatically switch.

That would be convenient. For one, I remember learning TG2 and always forgetting what camera I was one, copy viewport to wrong selected cameras, etc. I think it'd be easier to visually know which camera I'm on by each render noden which I often have setup for specific purposes (preview, roaming, full).

Matt

We should be able to do that. If it's already set to "Current render camera" then it makes sense to switch to the new camera when the renderer changes. If it's in Perspective mode or one of the other modes (e.g. you've already navigated away from the current camera) then IMO it should stay in that other mode rather than switch, but do you agree?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on August 24, 2019, 12:03:51 AMWe should be able to do that. If it's already set to "Current render camera" then it makes sense to switch to the new camera when the renderer changes. If it's in Perspective mode or one of the other modes (e.g. you've already navigated away from the current camera) then IMO it should stay in that other mode rather than switch, but do you agree?

That's actually a good point. That would throw me off bug time if that was changed thinking about it.