And Once More - Again With Help

Started by RichTwo, August 28, 2019, 06:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

If you have looked in on the Terragen Discussion section here lately you will see that Planetside Staff offered a detailed outline of how to optimize render times.  So many things affect it that the obvious is overlooked while details are focused on.  As it was with what I had previously done.

This then is the result of what Oshyan had figured out.  I ran several test renders, changing or adding things, but left the Render settings alone.

I'll let you guess how long this took on this old machine - 
A - One hour
B - Less than half an hour
C - Two hours
D - Less than 3 hours

I'll let you know after only three responses.
They're all wasted!

torebernhoft

Terragen 4 pro

Dune

If this were standard render (can't tell really), on my machine it would be B. But I go for A too, but I have no idea. You're enthusiastic so it should be not too much :P

cyphyr

Well you said after three responses ...
I'd assume less than an hour. The detail setting looks quite high :)
Great image btw.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on August 29, 2019, 01:12:05 AMIf this were standard render (can't tell really), on my machine it would be B. But I go for A too, but I have no idea. You're enthusiastic so it should be not too much :P
Echo ;D

RichTwo

It was B - less than half an hour, good people of this forum. Congrats to Dune and Doc. And yes I am enthusiastic. I got the results I was trying to achieve and it took little over 26 minutes, not 11 hours. I may look at a PT version but if it's what I feel is too time consuming I'll abandon it. Thanks for all your responses!
They're all wasted!

N-drju

Could you link to the original render settings discussion you mentioned?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

torebernhoft

Terragen 4 pro

RichTwo

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26874.0.html

The original is attached to my query. Oshyan provided the fix. A damn good one, too!  If you'll pardon my potty mouth.
They're all wasted!

Oshyan

Glad we were able to help. And a gorgeous image, too!

- Oshyan