The long road to the house of the Ka'ahumanu

Started by bobbystahr, September 04, 2019, 10:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Today's Doodle...3 hr render after a quick assembly...the story of my life. C&C welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

I really like this one for some reason! Well done.

- Oshyan

mhaze

Me to, it is dramatic and nicely done. IMHO the clouds need more edge detail.

N-drju

Really nice doodling, well worth the time. You are becoming the Tropics-dedicated artist. 8)

I echo mhaze - reducing light propagation and glow power or, alternatively, giving these clouds more depth, would positively influence the contrasts.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on September 05, 2019, 12:45:38 AMI really like this one for some reason! Well done.

- Oshyan
Thanks Oshyan, oft times my desultory doodles are my best work
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on September 05, 2019, 07:08:12 AMReally nice doodling, well worth the time. You are becoming the Tropics-dedicated artist. 8)

I echo mhaze - reducing light propagation and glow power or, alternatively, giving these clouds more depth, would positively influence the contrasts.
Well as the weather starts cooling here North of the 49th I start topics dreaming...sometimes even in warm weather.
I will revisit that when I have 3 spare hours of render time...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

Nice mood, makes you wonder what's lurking in that house.

Maybe something lying on the road or a little animal crossing
or an old tiki standing somewhere would be a nice addition.
Just a thought.

N-drju

"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on September 05, 2019, 12:08:57 PMNice mood, makes you wonder what's lurking in that house.

Maybe something lying on the road or a little animal crossing
or an old tiki standing somewhere would be a nice addition.
Just a thought.
Thanks Jochen. Considering a character but if I could find the right wee animal that would be cool as well. I did just find a cool Totem Pole on Sketchfab but wrong part of the world to have one of those...I am tempted even at that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New