GI cache in PT

Started by N-drju, September 12, 2019, 01:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Do I need a GI cache file when rendering several crops of a path-traced image?

I wish to composite a final from render crops. But I'm afraid there will be visible differences in coloration and brightness. Or is it not the case when path-tracing is enabled?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Matt

Yes, you should use a GI cache file. The landscape is illuminated by the sky. The sky is affected by the GI cache, so this affects the lighting of the landscape too. So you should stabilise this by using a GI cache file.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Matt on September 12, 2019, 03:43:11 PMYes, you should use a GI cache file. The landscape is illuminated by the sky. The sky is affected by the GI cache, so this affects the lighting of the landscape too. So you should stabilise this by using a GI cache file.
Good to know even though I generally generate a GI cache once I'm at render resolution.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Ok, I'm afraid I have another question...

So I rendered two crops and tried to stick them together in PS. However, I noticed that the second element has a very thin (1 - 2 px) blurry line on its left edge, that simply doesn't match the first crop.

What's wrong here?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Oshyan

Hard to say without seeing it... Motion blur?

- Oshyan