A canyon, simple as that.

Started by AndyWelder, September 12, 2019, 02:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyWelder

It's been a while since I posted an image here,in fact since I did anything at all at this forum... In short: I had my reasons. LForbidden River 3 V4 (gathered)_Big Edit.jpget's keep it at that. Bobby Stahr saw this render posted at FB or Renderosity and urged me to post this one here too. So I did.
And honestly, I'm looking forward to see any comments.
Comments from me? I do suck in giving meaningful comments so I rather refrain from commenting...
Andy
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

archonforest

This is looking great. Love the vista and that it is full of details. I do not like the stretched rocks that much.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: AndyWelder on September 12, 2019, 02:01:13 PMIt's been a while since I posted an image here,in fact since I did anything at all at this forum... In short: I had my reasons. LForbidden River 3 V4 (gathered)_Big Edit.jpget's keep it at that. Bobby Stahr saw this render posted at FB or Renderosity and urged me to post this one here too. So I did.
And honestly, I'm looking forward to see any comments.
Comments from me? I do suck in giving meaningful comments so I rather refrain from commenting...
Andy

nice to see it at this size Andy, better resolution, thanks for posting it here
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

You should really primarily post TG stuff at this place, the real TG community! FB is on its decline anyway ;)
Anyway, I like what you've done here. Especially the composition and the lower grounds are really nice. Pancake rocks are interesting. Is this to be reality or imaginary? I really don't know if such rocks exist in this form, but I would at least decrease the lateral displacements, so they appear a little more natural (that would be my instinct).
Then I'd add a lot more fine groundcover on the rock plateau at the right, between the trees. Shrub maybe too.
I would also push the mist back from the camera to only the distance, a 100m would do, I guess. Multiply (blue node) any mist mask by a distance shader.
Then I would rotate the left one of the 3 fallen trees that lie in opposite directions maybe 45º, so they aren't in such straight opposite lines.

RichTwo

Lots of good suggestions from Ulco.  But I don't sweat the details, really.  I always like to see how you compose your images (no exception here) and find your commentaries helpful when offered.
They're all wasted!

Oshyan

Yes, these sorts of extreme pancake rocks and strata do exist, and they're super cool!

https://travelandleisureindia.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Pancake-Rocks-Feature-1.jpg

https://travel.outthere.kiwi/raglan-pancake-rocks/ (just 1 specific example, there are many others)

- Oshyan

Dune

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

As always, great stuff Andy. Please post whenever possible, you have a real talent here. :)

mhaze

Hannes

Really great scene! Especially the ground with the water is excellent. But I agree, that the clouds need a lot of work. Compared to the realism of the rest the clouds look somehow cheap.

Stormlord

A very good Image. Love the details in the canyon and the subtle foggy clouds inside of it.
Also the stones are well suited. But why are so many fallen trees with branches and leaves on it?

One would be ok, but more????

STORMLORD
Nevertheless a great picture, well done!

René

Looks like you put a lot of work into this, and it shows. Wonderful render!
The clouds could indeed use a bit more attention, but your choice to keep them simple is right because the scene is already quite busy.