A Dreary Day Today

Started by bobbystahr, September 20, 2019, 04:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Not that it looks like this here but that's how it feels....a basic tweaked default scene with a World Machine .ter and a denuded pine pop with wild clouds and low thick fog encroaching...C&C if you wish!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Woah, trippy clouds!! I kind of like them, not for realism, but certainly for fantasy/alien world!

- Oshyan

mhaze

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on September 21, 2019, 01:05:26 AMWoah, trippy clouds!! I kind of like them, not for realism, but certainly for fantasy/alien world!

- Oshyan
Thanks Oshyan and there is no pretense of reality in this for sure
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

RichTwo

I'll agree - pretty far out there with the clouds and all.  They remind me of something I did with a Voronoi based function. I found that for a "fog" effect, you can use the global cloud, low altitude and density of course.
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

Quote from: RichTwo on September 21, 2019, 03:36:39 PMI'll agree - pretty far out there with the clouds and all.  They remind me of something I did with a Voronoi based function. I found that for a "fog" effect, you can use the global cloud, low altitude and density of course.
I tend to use a Cloud ver 2 with no density fractal for fog and/or God Ray effect. Except obviously, because I wanted a bit of shaping to the dense fog.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New