White cliff wip

Started by René, September 28, 2019, 06:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

What I'm trying to achieve is a rock formation that looks good from any distance; from afar and from very near.

René

One more!

Dune

bobbystahr

Agree to Great...lovely rock work, you are a Rock Star!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

j meyer

White cliff 3+4 are excellent.
The others are less excellent,
with 5 being least excellent imo.

mhaze

Grewat work - one and two are my favourites.

Oshyan

White cliff.jpg is really interesting and impressive in my opinion!

- Oshyan

zaxxon

Your ongoing work at creating and refining cliff faces is a marvel of perseverance and ingenuity. Each new iteration shows how close you are to mastering this formidable task, I can only imagine how much time and effort you've spent so far, and I can only hope that you don't tire of this worthy project. I'm looking forward to begging for these files someday!  :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on September 28, 2019, 12:14:16 PMWhite cliff 3+4 are excellent.
ha ha ha, couldn't have said it better myself.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Fantastic!! I agree, that 3 and 4 are the best. First I thought, that 3 is a reference image. :)

René

Quote from: zaxxon on September 28, 2019, 06:35:02 PMYour ongoing work at creating and refining cliff faces is a marvel of perseverance and ingenuity. Each new iteration shows how close you are to mastering this formidable task, I can only imagine how much time and effort you've spent so far, and I can only hope that you don't tire of this worthy project. I'm looking forward to begging for these files someday!  :)
Actually, it's fun. All addictions are. :P

René

Quote from: j meyer on September 28, 2019, 12:14:16 PMWhite cliff 3+4 are excellent.
I guess the least exellent is still exellent, just not so much. ;) But joking aside, these are basically all the same rock formations, I've only changed the smaller textures. :D

René

One more iteration.

Hannes

Stunning! Fantastic rockface!

KlausK

The last one is really fantastic! The structures look very believable and "grown over time" so to speak.
I would love to see a less coloured version of this. To me the darker blue-ish-grey-ish parts are a little too saturated overall.
Other than that I wonder: how the heck does he do that?? :)
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)