My Older/Unfinished Renders

Started by Ariel DK, October 04, 2019, 01:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel DK

For some reason, i noticed that there is a few old renders that i never published here

PD: "End of the Path" get me some melancholy every time. i dedicated this to my dog "Blanco", who left us 3 years ago, after another 15 with us...
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Oshyan

Some cool concepts here. The space shot with the airglow is really cool! Is that using a 2nd atmosphere?

- Oshyan

Ariel DK

Quote from: Oshyan on October 04, 2019, 06:42:29 PMSome cool concepts here. The space shot with the airglow is really cool! Is that using a 2nd atmosphere?

- Oshyan
Nop, is a tiny cloud layer simulating the ionosphere glow, with a vector mask shader that use the relative angle of the sun (elevation), but with negative values, so you can always get a half covered planet by this shader, everytime you move the sun. same thing for the city lights, and borealis effects. i can't find right now the thread where this was mentioned, but was part of the work that BigBen and me did to create a free "Realistic Earth" scene 2 years ago...

René

the_end_of_the_path has a very cinematic look and deserves a larger render.

Ariel DK

Quote from: René on October 06, 2019, 03:39:13 AMthe_end_of_the_path has a very cinematic look and deserves a larger render.
Thanks René, unfortunately, even if i find the Tgd, i probably lost all the files used in the scene, but i can re-made it for sure...