And now for something completely different!

Started by bobbystahr, October 21, 2019, 09:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Found an old project I never finished as it needed characters. Well I found a couple. Enjoy and/or just comment.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 21, 2019, 10:52:54 AMWhere is the ashtray?
Ha ha ha, it's a no smoking rental LOL. Guess my atmospheric tweak look like a smokey room... Maybe if I mask the fog with a painted shader of the room's 'footprint' would help with that
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on October 21, 2019, 12:11:17 PM
Quote from: Dune on October 21, 2019, 10:52:54 AMWhere is the ashtray?
Ha ha ha, it's a no smoking rental LOL. Guess my atmospheric tweak look like a smokey room... Maybe if I mask the fog with a painted shader of the room's 'footprint' would help with that

Fits the bill for turn of the century and before, where candles and lanterns were the norm for a lot of people, thus a smoky house. I love when movies capture this reality. Few do.

This is really nie. I'd love to see it Path Traced and all the shadows playing with the houses mesh and objects.

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on October 21, 2019, 12:57:29 PMJust a distance shader would do.
Check...will give that a go later on...out looking for cash today....really need an upgrade to TG
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Nice! I like that smoky ambience.

Ähem... is there a palm leaf looking cheeky out of his pants?  :o ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on October 22, 2019, 01:29:59 AMNice! I like that smoky ambience.

Ähem... is there a palm leaf looking cheeky out of his pants?  :o ;D
heh heh, missed that, must have thought it was from the sun
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

RichTwo

OK - so Terragen isn't just for terrains anymore.  But you are right.  It is different from your usual work.  And pretty good for a start on something new.
They're all wasted!

bobbystahr

Quote from: RichTwo on October 22, 2019, 05:28:23 PMOK - so Terragen isn't just for terrains anymore.  But you are right.  It is different from your usual work.  And pretty good for a start on something new.
Actually been doing indoor stuff for a few years now...just haven't posted much here.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New