Problem Atmo

Started by RichTwo, October 29, 2019, 09:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Hmm...  Plug this into the default start up and see what you get.  Why are there strange shadings going on up there?
They're all wasted!

Dune

I don't see any strange shadings, in the preview anyway. Can you show a render showing it?

Dune

There may indeed be a problem in 4.4.4.20 regarding light/atmo. I just opened a file from a previous version and the lake looked very strange in the preview. Normal without sun turned on, but the clouds make very hard shadows.

RichTwo

Thanks, Ulco!  This is what I mean.  Strange shadow-like features seem to be related to the clouds beneath.  If I disable the cirrus, it goes away.
They're all wasted!

Matt

Quote from: Dune on October 30, 2019, 05:08:16 AMThere may indeed be a problem in 4.4.4.20 regarding light/atmo. I just opened a file from a previous version and the lake looked very strange in the preview. Normal without sun turned on, but the clouds make very hard shadows.

4.4.42 was a Release Candidate, but it hasn't been pushed to the update checker so it's probably only the alpha testers who've seen it. 4.4.40 doesn't have this bug.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

Rich, it looks to me like the cirrus layer is receiving shadows from the cumulus because it's semi-transparent and lower in altitude. If so, it's not a bug.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

RichTwo

Matt, sir - you are correct!  Little did I remember that I had once lowered the altitude of the cirrus, almost to the same as the easy cloud.  :P   Now that I raised it, problem solved.  I should have known...
They're all wasted!