Mountain Side

Started by Gannaingh, February 03, 2016, 11:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

Thanks everybody!

For this next iteration I've continued to mess with the foreground vegetation to get better variety and make it more interesting. I've also lowered the camera by about 15 meters and moved it forward a but.Additionally I have added a choppy surface to the water to break up the rather pristine reflection. I like the effect but I need to tune it so it is not as overpowering as it currently is.

Hannes

Wow, this gets better and better!

Dune

It certainly is. But.... if you're moving camera anyway, I'd suggest trying a bit more distance and a bit to the left. Reason; the landspit on the left sticks out in contrast on virtually the edge of the image, which is kind of distracting. You may well know that contrast draws attention and should preferably be placed in the golden triangle
And maybe also take some trees out in front of the landspit and make it more like a 'center of attention'.
Tree variation and water is a great improvement.

DocCharly65

Nice update! I like the wind patchiness of the lake!

Stormlord

Very natural in apperance, well done!

STORMLORD

Gannaingh

In this latest iteration I haven't done too much with the vegetation, instead focusing on camera placement (coincidentally following Dune's advice before I even say his suggestion) to get that finalized before moving onto the trees and plants. I've tweaked the water surface and also moved it up a couple meters. Something funky looking is happening with the specularity on the rocks in the shallow water so I'll have to figure that out.

Dune

That is what I mean, so quite a coincidence indeed. The specularity underwater should be taken off by a mask with minimum water altitude set, that's what I always do. Pinpricks of light underwater don't exist, afaik.

Oshyan

Ah, a definite improvement! Looking very good.

- Oshyan

Gannaingh

I've done some more foreground work and I think I'm happy with the result. I might play around with the water some more, but I think overall it's pretty finished. I've done a lot of work on the foreground adding in larger stones on the shore as well as a population of reeds. I've also tweaked the ground cover and tree populations to give a bit more variety.

Dune

Top notch, you took care of underwater reflections too, I see. But there's one more thing that would bother me, see attachment. Plant some trees up in the hills to get rid of that reflection, I'd say.

DocCharly65

The last additions - especially the big stones/rocks increase the realism even more! Absolutely great!

Gannaingh

Dune, you and I are very much on the same page! I've added some groundcover to that area to get rid of that grey area in the water reflection and I think I've gotten to the point where I'm ready to move on to another project...after rendering in 4k of course.

Dune

Seems like it! It's wonderful now.

Hannes

Perfect! Stunning image!

DocCharly65