Terragen under VirtualBox Linux Viable

Started by WAS, November 12, 2019, 02:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Is this viable or would I need to use the render node?

Speaking of the render node, I am confused why the Release Candidates are kinda hidden? It's one thing to prompt for an update, but what about receiving links for other platforms in one go or having to refer back? I keep forgetting to bookmark the pages and than left with no way to find the downloads. I also notice the render node isn't available on the main planetside website or latest release download page? I guess for security reasons?

Maybe a link from licensed TG copies to frontier and releases in help menu could help.

WAS

Just to note I benchmarked this with a test file of easy clouds and stuff and 12 cores / 24 threads severely underperforms my 6 core / 12 threads by a factor of 3. So KVM is definitely subpar for TG. 

Render node for Linux must be the only viable route. Just need to find a download.

Oshyan

The download link was sent to you in the original key file email you received. We don't share the link to the Pro downloads widely as a minor piracy prevention measure. I'll send you the link via email now and in the future if you need it again just contact us at support AT planetside.co.uk.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on November 13, 2019, 04:31:56 AMThe download link was sent to you in the original key file email you received. We don't share the link to the Pro downloads widely as a minor piracy prevention measure. I'll send you the link via email now and in the future if you need it again just contact us at support AT planetside.co.uk.

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan. Maybe links in the help menu to stable releases and frontier releases would help with that. Like if it's a licensed copy theres a "Releases -> Stable | Frontier" dropdown.

Though all this trouble may be because I don't actually have a Planetside account to obtain links from?

Edit; Just got your email and got the node, thanks again.