Power Fractal Posterization

Started by sboerner, November 20, 2019, 11:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sboerner

I needed a way to posterize a power fractal and extract each level and came up with this. Thought maybe someone might find it useful.

The clip file divides the PF into four levels. You could expand it to include any number of levels if you're willing to deal with more nodes. Probably could be used on other things besides power fractals.

Dune

That's a nifty setup. Might come in use, one day. Thanks for sharing, Steve!

Hannes

sboerner

You're welcome! There are probably more efficient ways to do this. My blue-node skills are very much trial and error.

Hannes

Quote from: sboerner on November 21, 2019, 11:56:18 AMMy blue-node skills are very much trial and error.
...I know, what you mean... ;D

WAS

Quote from: sboerner on November 20, 2019, 11:28:30 PMI needed a way to posterize a power fractal and extract each level and came up with this. Thought maybe someone might find it useful.

The clip file divides the PF into four levels. You could expand it to include any number of levels if you're willing to deal with more nodes. Probably could be used on other things besides power fractals.

Oh hey this is really cool use of dividing out a PF Map. Saving this.  I never thought about this as a "posterizer". I had originally tried dividing out a PF for my original Terracing Effect idea which I eventually got help on from the community.

These sort of setups is where I really wish I could setup a loop in TG to do things with blue nodes. Is that even possible in blue nodes properly? In my head I feel like it could, but I also have monsters and sprites in there.

bobbystahr

Thanks, this looks like a good one to mess around with...good thing cuz I'm bored LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Ariel DK

This is also ideal to make planetary clouds...  ;)
Thanks sboerner!
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?