Idol worship

Started by Hannes, November 25, 2019, 05:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I used the same (Louise-) model like in my last scan head thread, but wanted to make more than just a scary rendered head. The veins in the face are procedural, but on the neck it's an image map to make the veins a little bit more stretched. I used a smooth transition to blend both sets.
The fabric was made with a cloth simulation. It was a bit tedious to make the cloth on her head not slip off her head, but eventually it stayed in place.

Dune

bobbystahr

Brilliant, the lace shawl is a perfect framing feature...worth the time it took to set up.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

j meyer

8)
Seems she got a bad cold, so... errrh, get well soon Louise. ;)

How did you do the procedural veins?

Hannes

As far as I remember, it's a file by Ulco. I'm not sure, but anyway here it is.

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on November 25, 2019, 12:39:42 PM8)
Seems she got a bad cold, so... errrh, get well soon Louise. ;)

How did you do the procedural veins?
ha ha ha ha ha
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on November 25, 2019, 12:55:38 PMAs far as I remember, it's a file by Ulco. I'm not sure, but anyway here it is.
thanks Hannes, will eventually be handy...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

A shame you missed Halloween with this. It's just awful. ;)

- Oshyan

mhaze

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on November 25, 2019, 05:14:24 AMI used the same (Louise-) model like in my last scan head thread, but wanted to make more than just a scary rendered head. The veins in the face are procedural, but on the neck it's an image map to make the veins a little bit more stretched. I used a smooth transition to blend both sets.
The fabric was made with a cloth simulation. It was a bit tedious to make the cloth on her head not slip off her head, but eventually it stayed in place.

This is Cinema quality.

j meyer

Thanks, I'll have a look.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Oshyan on November 25, 2019, 01:19:24 PMA shame you missed Halloween with this. It's just awful. ;)

- Oshyan
Echo :D

I like this version very much (though it's scaring ;)  )
Is it only my eyes or do the tears look a bit like quicksilver? - anyway a perfect fitting addition :)

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on November 26, 2019, 02:12:01 AMIs it only my eyes or do the tears look a bit like quicksilver?
Although it's not intended, you're right. It's a glass shader. Maybe I should try Double sided/thin walled...

Anyway thanks to all for the comments!!!

Hannes

Yep! Worked. Good eyes, Doc!! ;)

DocCharly65

Great! :)

...Though I liked the "qucksilver tears" too...  ;)