South Falklands

Started by Dune, November 30, 2019, 01:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

An ordinary scene for a change.

mhaze

DocCharly65

zaxxon

Ulco, nothing you ever do is "ordinary". I always appreciate the little details in your work; the little patches of ice along the shore line, the contours of the underwater topography that implies a continuation of the simple yet effective compositional flow. A subtle and beautiful image.

N-drju

I like the ice shelf on the water. Snow mass not being flat is also a wonderful feature here, how did you do it? :) Differential displacement mix?

The only feature I'd change is the shoreline coloration. The beach (?) is so thin it that it looks more like a line, flared-up from nowhere, rather than an aesthetic coastal element.

Dune

Thanks guys. The snow needed to be flatter than this, so it's actually not my deliberate doing. It's displacement intersection-based, but the terrain has been eroded using Daniil's plugin, and thus (?) some areas are apparently not flattened enough. So, not a differential displacement mix.
You have to take into account that it's a huge landscape (see the three humpback whales) and the coastal foam extends 10m or so. With a calmish sea like this I didn't want it much broader.

Hannes

This is incredibly amazing! I love it. Great sense of scale!

Stormlord

Great Scene which I really like.

STORMLORD

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 30, 2019, 01:58:49 AMAn ordinary scene for a change.
Ain't nuttin ordinary about your work, more pedestrian in the highest sense, but never ordinary. Nice snow/ice work.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

QuinlanG

super cool (pun intended) really like the textural quality of the snow

Quinlan