Imperfect Pearl

Started by WAS, January 11, 2020, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Playing with shaders and had the idea for a rough pearl with its strong iridescence. The only thing I wish was possible was knowing what was in mostly shadow to invert the iridescent map colours.

Volumetric SSS is sooo slow. Lol

Kadri

Looks good.
I don't have the new version.
Could download the free version ones again maybe...
Might play with those settings too.

WAS

It would be a nice way to familiarize yourself with the new features like SSS in the chance you decide to upgrade.

Kadri

I tried it a little but the changes didn't look enough to me to play more (with the free version at least).
Maybe it is just me.

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on January 11, 2020, 02:41:08 PMI tried it a little but the changes didn't look enough to me to play more (with the free version at least).
Maybe it is just me.
I understand your feelings there. If you ever need a full  render of a freeware scene done let me know, just like you helping me, I'd love to return the favor. I have a server I can off-load "longer" renders too, as well.

Dune

Looks like a pearl indeed, good job. Yes, it's such a pity that it takes so long, or I would have used SSS much more often.

WAS

More pearls, this time I made objects for them instead of using a sphere. Also less intense normal displacement to have smoother iridescence.

Not sure what's up with the line on the foreground pearl. I believe everything is on soft perlins. Must still be a billows somewhere.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist