Red Sea Miracle TG Animation

Started by dorianvan, February 17, 2020, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorianvan

Here's the trailer for third movie of Patterns of Evidence: The Red Sea Miracle (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoRe6usblA8). Ulco, CJ, and I did most of the CG work. One showing only nationwide (US) tomorrow night. www.fathomevents.com
-Dorian

Hannes

Wow! Just watched the trailer. Really impressive!

WAS

Very cool! I loved documentaries like these. However I do want to interject about the mistranslation of Red Sea from the word Reed, which there is, and has always been a Reed Sea in Egypt since Moses. Believe it's in the delta.

dorianvan

Thanks Hannes. I'm hoping to have the time in April to do a demo of just our animation.
@WAS, "Red Sea" is just the title. This movie and the next one in May gets into the detail and views of the Hebrew word for reed. "Red" is a later label that was given. If you are in the US, you should go see it tomorrow.
-Dorian

DocCharly65

WOW! Impressive! - And I hope that will be shown in German language on NatGeo, Planet or somewhere, too ;)

dorianvan

Thanks Doc, here's an image we did for the movie, of an Egyptian fort along an ancient canal in the northern Nile Delta.
-Dorian

Hannes

That looks amazing!
So you wrote, Ulco was involved as well? When I saw this last image, I thought that if you'd replace the palms by more european trees and the egyptian fort by some farmhouses and windmills, it could be some of Ulco's famous Netherlands images. ;D ;D ;D

Dune

Yes, in short; I did groundwork and veggies, Dorian the buildings, ships, and animations. Cool project with some quite difficult stuff involved, like animated walls of water, (heavy) cloud animations, mixing entirely different setups together for animated fly-ins, complicated masking, and lots of difficulties Dorian had to tackle.

masonspappy

Quote from: WAS on February 17, 2020, 12:31:35 PMmistranslation of Red Sea from the word Reed, which there is, and has always been a Reed Sea in Egypt since Moses.
Yam Suph (Hebrew)