An Inhuman Achievement

Started by Will, November 05, 2007, 04:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

I like watching Tyra and the models.  Does this mean I have a feminine side?  LOL

I do like Silo, though I'm not sure I can build Tyra with Silo.  Or should we have a contest?

;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

efflux

Why not learn to play a real guitar? It's a lot more fun that this game.

rcallicotte

Efflux, I wonder the same thing, though I bet it has something to do with something fun to do at the moment.

efflux

I play the guitar and yes it takes a long time to learn but it must have taken a while to learn how to play that game to that level. OK, learning to play an instrument would take much longer but still, the payback is much better.

People want quick fixes that's the problem. People hear me play the guitar and sometimes take it up themselves then wonder why after a few months it doesn't sound too good. Maybe in ten years they will be good.

Maybe if you start delving into the TG2 function graphs then in a few years you wll know how it works  :D

dhavalmistry

a good positive thing about learning the real instrument is that you can play anything you want on it rather than playing the only song given to you in the game...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Yes, delving is good.  But, a few years is too long for the function graphs.  Nevertheless, I understand the idea of diligence.

A bigger problem, since we seem to be going there, is that "it's not what you know, it's who you know" is killing creativity and a variety of talents, not to mention the discord it engenders across our planet.  That's how people get elected President and then destroy a prosperous nation or how a man who should be ready for something like the disaster in Louisiana gets exposed when he didn't know the "what you know".

Quote from: efflux on November 09, 2007, 04:50:39 PM
Maybe if you start delving into the TG2 function graphs then in a few years you wll know how it works  :D

rcallicotte

Harvey Birdman

Using function nodes is straightforward enough if you understand the math they encapsulate. Learning how to use function nodes doesn't take years of practice, it takes about 1~2 years of college level mathematics.

joshbakr

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on February 27, 2008, 09:38:00 AM
Using function nodes is straightforward enough if you understand the math they encapsulate. Learning how to use function nodes doesn't take years of practice, it takes about 1~2 years of college level mathematics.

Yeah, just couple that with some Artistic Ability and you are good to go.

sonshine777

Quote from: joshbakr on February 27, 2008, 10:21:54 AM
Quote from: Harvey Birdman on February 27, 2008, 09:38:00 AM

Don't you wish the two (Mathematics/Art) would always go together? It seem these days that more often than not math and art don't inhabit the same body. ;D

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: joshbakr on February 27, 2008, 10:21:54 AM

That would explain the fact that my images still suck....

:D

I keep tellin' y'all, I'm a passable mathematician, but a lousy artist.

;D

joshbakr

My problem is I don't have either!  Hummm? If I can fine a Mathematics Genius and  Great Artist, perhaps I could be the Director for a Teamwork? LOL

sonshine777

I would have to say that without "ALL" of the mathematicians, the artist would still be scratching pictures on cave walls so to speak. ;D So you see Harvey you are good for something. :)

Dark Fire

This is what I find most interesting about computers - they are by far the most in-depth fusion of the arts and sciences...

Computers are like a ninja-pirate. :D

Will

Ninja-pirates in space is more like it.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.