TG_4 And TG_3 parse errors why ?

Started by bla bla 2, March 24, 2020, 02:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bla bla 2

Bonjour.

Pourquoi j'ai ces messages d'erreurs ? C'est quand après je sauvegarde et que j'ouvre à nouveau les fichiers sauvegarder.

Je me rappel plus comment réparer ces erreurs, please help ! :)

-----

Hello.

Why do I get these error messages? It is when after I save and I open the files to save again.

I no longer remember how to fix these errors, please help! :)

bla bla 2

Ah je crois que ça vient des fichiers temp cache mais je sais pas ou je pourrais le mettre.

Vous pouvez m'aider s'ils vous plait ?

--

Ah I think it comes from the temp cache files but I don't know where I could put it.

Can you help me please?

WAS

It would help to know what's at line 129 in Test.tgd and Line 174 in Monjeu.tgd

Can you open the files in notepad and go to those lines and screenshot/copy the XML?

bla bla 2

Yes, there the picture.

WAS

Looks to be a similar issue to before, and character encoding in the object paths. Your account username is the problem I suspect. Terragen automatically sets this directory, despite whatever you have set in settings. I find it to be a bug, as it's not in your control, and then things like this arise, even if you use a dir like D:\Terragen in project and TG preferences. The caches you set to your desktop, which is under your user account.

Maybe more to the root of this problem, TG should have a local based on the system. Not sure if that's possible.

KlausK

I am not sure I understand this...
Quote from: WAS on March 24, 2020, 03:55:12 PMLooks to be a similar issue to before, and character encoding in the object paths. Your account username is the problem I suspect. Terragen automatically sets this directory, despite whatever you have set in settings. I find it to be a bug, as it's not in your control, and then things like this arise, even if you use a dir like D:\Terragen in project and TG preferences. The caches you set to your desktop, which is under your user account.
I agree that the Bastiens surname "Securisée" is likely the problem for the error.

But I can set the paths to where ever I want to to avoid something like this. Always works for me.

Preferences: File Saving: Customise Default Paths: Automatic render output / Sequence output / Temporary output files /
They all go to a separate harddrive and not into my User directory.
Also the paths under Renderers: Sequence/Output

But as I said maybe I do not understand the problem at hand here. Or my brain can`t process the english language well enough tonite :o
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

WAS

Where are you setting this, KlausK? There is one setting in preferences, and it's ignored by TG.

In your Project XML sequence images will automatically set to your documents.

That is a bug/lack of control in my opinion.

You have to manually change it within your render node, and then save the project.

This also than carries over to Linux and causes issues as well.

To solve it, it should be a setting under file saving preferences, and carried over to new blank projects. It could also just use local paths and make a "sequence" and "sequence/extra" folders where the project is saved, to carry over to Linux. Life if no path is set.

KlausK

In the TG4 Preferences I set a path for these three file types :
==> TG4_FileSaving.jpg

Then, as you wrote, on the Renderer tab I do the same for the Sequence/Output paths.

I saved the settings in a default.tgd which loads automatically everytime I start TG.
So, when I save a TG session under a new name those paths are always set.
That means, when I open a scene file, any previous scene file the files alwayss get saved there.

I really cannot remember TG`s default behaviour anymore, since this has been my setup for as long as I remember.
Any update uses the Preferences of the previous installation. So, the paths get carried over to the next installation.

Is that what your asking?

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

bla bla 2

Hello;

it work I changed of name sûr my account, and is all. Thank you verymuch for help.  :)

KlausK

WAS

Quote from: KlausK on March 25, 2020, 05:31:24 AMIn the TG4 Preferences I set a path for these three file types :
==> TG4_FileSaving.jpg

Then, as you wrote, on the Renderer tab I do the same for the Sequence/Output paths.

I saved the settings in a default.tgd which loads automatically everytime I start TG.
So, when I save a TG session under a new name those paths are always set.
That means, when I open a scene file, any previous scene file the files alwayss get saved there.

I really cannot remember TG`s default behaviour anymore, since this has been my setup for as long as I remember.
Any update uses the Preferences of the previous installation. So, the paths get carried over to the next installation.

Is that what your asking?

CHeers, Klaus
Having to setup a default project though because something is inaccessible isn't really a fix, or cross-platform for pipelines.

Matt

Quote from: WAS on March 25, 2020, 02:48:16 PM
Quote from: KlausK on March 25, 2020, 05:31:24 AMIn the TG4 Preferences I set a path for these three file types :
==> TG4_FileSaving.jpg

Having to setup a default project though because something is inaccessible isn't really a fix, or cross-platform for pipelines.

There is a preference for this. You don't have a setup a default project.

In Klaus's screenshot you can see that "Item" has a dropdown. Choose "Sequence output", then set any root folder you like.

The next time you use File > New, or start Terragen, your project should use this on the Sequence/Output tab.

If this doesn't work, maybe it's because you have chosen a custom default project already which has the path baked in? (If so, you should edit those baked paths out of your project in a text editor - completely remove the parameter - so that it uses the default values from Preferences.)
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Oh I didn't even know about that. A dropbox is probably a little vague, I always thought it was a switch for a general setting and left it alone. Does it take up too much space to just the three paths and a browse?

KlausK

Yeah, that is why I added this screenshot. Sorry, I did not state the - for me - obvious in this case.
The default.tgd is covenient for me, because I am not distributing the files to computers in a network for rendering.
The files always go to the same place.

The Wiki describes this in detail in the lower part of the site:
https://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Preferences_Window

CHeers, Klaus

WAS

My files are either rendering on this machine, my a10, or linux server, was also involved in a project using their linux node I setup.

Also what does the wiki describe? That page describes nothing relative besides tooltips. Did you mean to link the File Saving page? https://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Terragen_Preferences_-_File_Saving_Panel Also did this used to be a popup? It's a dropdwon now.

I've also barely gone to Wiki much anymore. It's been so neglected and vague in most areas you're better off asking in the forums most the time.