Text-editing translucency values

Started by N-drju, May 06, 2020, 03:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

Quote from: WAS on May 06, 2020, 04:29:59 PMAh yes, old xfrog TGOs. A mistake on their part honestly. I always get OBJ format. TGO is just a glorified OBJ format with ability to save shader networks. Not sure why they decided to lock those old files.

I am pretty sure you can still save the populations as clips.
IIRC the Xfrog TGO's were locked so people didn't have the option of exporting them as obj's and then using them outside Terragen.  This was a stipulation from Xfrog when a package was sold that had Terragen and the entire current library (at the time) of Xfrog models sold as a single package.  It was quite a bargain at the time, an awful lot more "bang for buck" than buying Terragen and the Xfrog libraries separately.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

That makes sense to a degree, but at the same time it's creating a single-application restriction, when OBJ is available for almost any software. Makes little sense when you can import the obj, export the tgo, import the obj, export the 3ds, etc, etc.

By and by I am writing a little default shader editor which will bring up all the default shaders and relative editable info. May come in handy later.

N-drju

Quote from: WAS on May 06, 2020, 04:29:59 PMI always get OBJ format.

So you say .objs should allow me to re-save as .tgo?

That would be fantastic. Apart from having to re download every library as an .obj set... ::)

Quote from: cyphyr on May 06, 2020, 05:54:06 PMIIRC the Xfrog TGO's were locked so people didn't have the option of exporting them as obj's and then using them outside Terragen.

Just as I thought.

Quote from: jaf on May 06, 2020, 11:21:24 AMYou also might want to try the text editor Sublime Text -- https://www.bing.com/search?q=sublime+text&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN
It's free to evaluated without a time limit.  When you load your tgd file, set the View|Syntax to XML and it will color code like the image below.

Great. A good resource to have, just in case everything else fails.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

N-drju

Quote from: WAS on May 07, 2020, 02:59:17 AMBy and by I am writing a little default shader editor which will bring up all the default shaders and relative editable info. May come in handy later.

I guess you don't really have to spend your time on that if .obj turn out to be editable... Or do you wish to design a TG plugin? ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

WAS

Nope, it's for people stuck with the old TGOs lacking proper default settings, or just for quick changes, such as file paths or what not to large sets. My buddy has all old TGO formats. He doesn't really mess with TG anymore, but it was a thought I had that could be an annoyance with old packs.

WAS

Also have nothing to do in PHP recently so might as well keep refreshed.