Object texture question

Started by Aenea, November 14, 2007, 09:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aenea

How I currently detected:

Some of you may know the abbey ruin object.
With it comes the textures and I detected that whether I use the brick texture as UV or as Plan Y that the brick pattern is a lot too big for the ruin. As Plan Y WAY too big.

Is there a way I can change that or is there no way to have some influence on that?

Another funny thing I detected is that the pattern is somehow warped...
Any ideas???

Aenea

Harvey Birdman

Both these problems can be corrected in PoseRay. To change the size of the brick pattern, select the 'Materials' and 'UV' tabs, then enter the desired scaling factors into the 'Scale(U, V)' textboxes. If you leave the 'Remap Method' set to 'None', it'll just scale the existing coordinates.

As for it being warped, that's because the coordinates don't make sense for the building geometry. Again, you can re-map coordinates in PoseRay. To do it properly, though, you may have to regroup the wall polys - you'll need a real modeling program for that.

I have a version of the model that I've reworkd. (Cyphyr had one too, that he made for dhavalmistry. It's in circulation - it may work for you.) If you want I could send it to you.

Ogre

You can also do it right in TG2. Just put the texture in an image map shader, set it to UV mapping, Change the scale in the Image map shader to less then 1 and connect it to the default shader color node
"If you find me feeding daisies
please turn my face up to the sky and leave me be watching the moon roll by.
What ever I was it was all because I've been on the town washing the BS down."

-Gordon Lightfoot

Aenea

Thanks so much guys.

OgreĀ“s description worked totally nice for me.
I changed it from object UV to through camera and then it was wonderful!

The easiest way is often the best.....

Aenea