Travellers Competition work so far.

Started by Hetzen, July 05, 2020, 12:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Been fun this. I've got a few tweaks rendering and I want to have a better go at the colour correction.

cyphyr

Love the sky and how the ruin blends with the cliff.
Great work.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

Quote from: Hetzen on July 05, 2020, 12:25:47 PMBeen fun this. I've got a few tweaks rendering and I want to have a better go at the colour correction.

Love this cliffside. Fits an ocean cliff very well.

Kadri

Looks nice.
I had an image in my mind that was close in general to yours that differs in details. But couldn't get it work in time.
It needed more postwork than allowed too i think.
I like your image. Curious how it will look after your last changes.

Hetzen

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

I've got to say Kadri this has been a battle to get my displacements to play nice with the water layer. There's had to be some sacrifices. The foam on the right we'll have to squint at, I'd need to render a sequence to get that to sort of blur to foam. I'm calling it a 'control signal'.  ;)

Jo Kariboo

The sky is perfect and the light fits well with the elements of the composition. I'm not fond of overloaded images but I think that maybe a few birds and a bit of moss at some point on the cliff would be a plus.

masonspappy

Really like the dim, foreboding atmosphere!

Kadri

Quote from: Hetzen on July 05, 2020, 04:02:06 PMThanks guys, appreciate the comments.

I've got to say Kadri this has been a battle to get my displacements to play nice with the water layer. There's had to be some sacrifices. The foam on the right we'll have to squint at, I'd need to render a sequence to get that to sort of blur to foam. I'm calling it a 'control signal'.  ;)
:)
The most what i had to work on was the water too and kinda cliff texture in my work. I will have to work more on it unfortunately.
Wish there was a way to get the same image you have in your mind to the computer more easily.
I am expecting more from Matt in the future ;D

Dune

Cool render, Jon. That sky is awesome, and I like the subtle lights on the fishing vessel in the gloomy light. I was just wondering yesterday whether you'd participate. Good luck!

sboerner

Glad you resisted the temptation to place any human figures on the boat. Makes it more . . . mysterious. Terrific sky and light. Good luck.

j meyer

Nice pic and a cool boat model (a bit dry looking, though).
Good luck.

zaxxon

A fine piece! Moody without being oppressive, the looming fortress must have a few stories to tell. Good Luck!

Hetzen

Thanks again everyone. This is what I uploaded just now.

Travellers Entry - Jon West.png

All the best to everyone who had a go.

Dune

Great! You nicely pulled together the colors of the rock and castle. The line of foam is really nice too. If you made that ship( ?), it's a fantastic model.