Flattening small areas

Started by claudius, August 21, 2020, 06:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claudius

Another rookie question. I didn't find any tutorial or answer around.
I need to flatten small areas to put imported buildings on. Tried SSS and manipulate their displacement but it was a  mess. Is there any easy way to do that?

Thanks!!!!

Dune

You can sue SSS indeed, but add as mask to surface shader, smooth that surface shader and offset again until desired altitude. If you need all same altitude you can use one surface shader and stack SSS's, but if you need different altitudes at different locations, use a stack of surface shaders, each masked by one SSS or perhaps more if they use same altitude.

claudius

Quote from: Dune on August 21, 2020, 07:34:50 AMYou can sue SSS indeed, but add as mask to surface shader, smooth that surface shader and offset again until desired altitude. If you need all same altitude you can use one surface shader and stack SSS's, but if you need different altitudes at different locations, use a stack of surface shaders, each masked by one SSS or perhaps more if they use same altitude.
I am following you, Dune. Thanks a lot. But how I smooth that surface out? that's where I am stuck

Dune

You have to do that before a compute terrain, in the surface shader is an option to smooth.

WAS

Huh. Strange. The SSS shouldn't be masking anything from Main Input. It should be masking child data.

Oh you're just smoothing the area. I see.