4.5 installer

Started by WAS, August 21, 2020, 02:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Why is it telling me then that Visual Studio 2015-2019 is already installed, and downloads and installs 64 bit version and installs? Only 64bit too, as when I removed them I had to go download x86 manually.

This is what the installer did. It also did install vc++ but also tried reinstalling visual studio 2015-2019 x64, which gets blocked and TG install quits.

Maybe this is windows doing during install for services checks.

Matt

As I said, it may have told you that the Runtimes/Redistribuables were already installed and stopped there, but I'd only expect that from old alpha versions which weren't made public.

What version of TG were you installing?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Matt

Do you know what versions of the runtimes you had installed that you had to uninstall?

What version of Windows?

Perhaps the registry check isn't sufficient to detect what you had installed. There was another method Microsoft were using but that caused problems for alpha testers so it had to be changed.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Yeah I tried looking through the event viewer and unfortunately it doesn't give you versions, it gives the process information and files accessed. I did notice that TGD installer successfully closes so it's not an error with the installer, it seems to be just using a "cancel" or "exit" feature.

Windows version 1903 build 18362.446

WAS

I'll have to downgrade and retry and upgrade. Forgot the installer will want me to just repair or remove.