Exporting Planet Sphere issue

Started by WAS, September 10, 2020, 03:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I'm not sure if this is an actual issue, or just what's gonna happen, or what but I've been playing with asteroids, and decided to see what TG can do exporting them, and it actually looks like it's very capable except for one issue. In each instance, even when rotating the planetoid, or making the furthest distance in the micro exporter further away, there is one part of the asteroid that pinches together or stretches. On the initial import this area is black without UV, but a recalculate normal fixes this, as well as all the details on the surface, but the bad geometry remains of course.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is this just like a seam issue with warping the planetoid? It doesn't produce a bad spot in TG FYI, just the obj export.

Edit: Forgot an exmaple of the issue

WAS

PS; For those struggling loading these extreme exports from TG into poseray, you can use this tool on the poseray exe: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

It will allow the poseray executable to use 4gb memory rather than 2gb. This allowed me to recalculate normals without a "out of memory" prompt and crash.

Kadri

Have you tried all the subdivide render settings?

Haven't tested this at all. Maybe you could test it with a spherical camera from the inside of the object?

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on September 10, 2020, 10:29:34 AMHave you tried all the subdivide render settings?

Haven't tested this at all. Maybe you could test it with a spherical camera from the inside of the object?
I'm using the settings I was recommended, with first two checkboxes (can't remember names off the top of my head) unchecked, and force edges checked to fix holes. I didnt up the ray ray detail from 0.25 though.

Kadri

If nothing works in the worst case you could render from the opposite side and merge the 2 objects in another software.

WAS