WARPED UPPER, LOWER and COMBINED LIMTS for snow or other

Started by pclavett, September 10, 2020, 01:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pclavett

Hi fellas !
Was making this complex to facilitate snow lower lines that did not appear artificial and would look more natural.
The complex is base on a Get Position plugged into Y to Scalar.
Initially had problems if the terrain had negative altitudes, which is often the case. Corrected this with an Add Scalar at the outset to compensate, the same values used later to adjust the Step Scalar.
It does seem to work well and can be inverse with enabling another node...... and have done a combined upper and lower for some possible needs.
The node is all internalized for ease and there is an extensive note inside to explain further.
Might be useful for newcomers !
Take care !
Paul

Dune

Your method is nice, but for novices quite complicated. Sorry about that. It can be done much simpler, with just a few nodes.

pclavett

I often make things complicated and then convince myself that they are simple !
Thanks Ulco for the feedback ! Always appreciated !
Have a great weekend !
Paul

pclavett

Good day to all ! I use this clip for a lot of things but found that my initial post was not very easy to use and frankly was confused at times. There was a more simple setup with better Names and Titles to permit optimal use. I have therefore revamped the clip and include it below. I have used it for snow lower borders, upper rocky shores for lakes and rivers, distributing various veggies along irregular limitation lines etc... Hope this can help you in some way or other ! Take care ! I include the renders for the Nominal opening terrain and the settings as setup in the clip, one with the WARPER PF enabled and one disabled.