Crescent Lake

Started by Gannaingh, December 25, 2020, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

It's been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I'd start with something simple. I was inspired by a lake I visited on a recent trip with my girlfriend up on the Olympic Peninsula in WA state. The terrain is the real world elevation data for the Crescent Lake area with no alterations. Vegitation is all Xfrog and Silva3D models and rendering was doe using Path Tracing to get nice depth in the foreground shadows.

Thanks for taking a look and take care!

zaxxon

Merry Christmas! Nice to see a new image from you, and a very fine one. Beautiful realism.

DocCharly65

Merry Cristmas and thanks for showing that fine, relaxing view. Like! :)

WAS

Definitely a great image. Very relaxing.

RichTwo

Only a longer look tells me it's no photograph - but looking very close to being one!  Well done and enjoy the holidays!
They're all wasted!

Dune

Great area (I've had the privilige to have been there for an art show), and great depiction of it. You too, take care and all best in 2021!

cocateho26

Beautiful. I can tell that care was taken for all the little details as well, very nice scene!

Hannes

Great image!!! Very natural, realistic and calming. Exactly what we all need at the moment, I'd say.

Gannaingh

Thank you, everybody! It felt good to get back into Terragen so I'll ensure there's not as big of a absence before the next image.

Tangled-Universe

Great stuff, as usual. Looking forward to your next one!