Destroyed destroyer

Started by Hannes, January 05, 2021, 07:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

A scene of an animation I made some time ago (lack of inspiration... ;) )
The exhaust stuff could be improved, I know, but I'm a little tired of it at the moment...

Dune

Despite your lack of inspiration, I like this scene! Love those fires and the smoke. Even so much, that I wonder if the big ship needs to be there (or much smaller).

DMFW

Lovely dynamic image, full of interest. I really like it. The impression of a huge fire burning the destroyer out from the inside is very well conveyed.

N-drju

@Hannes, I have never really asked you, but are you a professional artist? This looks like a still from the actual movie. :o
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on January 05, 2021, 07:47:40 AMEven so much, that I wonder if the big ship needs to be there (or much smaller).
Definitely something to think about. Although the ships have the correct size compared to each other.

Quote from: N-drju on January 05, 2021, 09:02:08 AM@Hannes, I have never really asked you, but are you a professional artist? This looks like a still from the actual movie. :o
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  No, I'm not. But I very much appreciate your compliment.

N-drju

Hehe, you're welcome. You really have a great talent. Shows through every piece you make.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

WAS

Awesome! Looks pretty good! If I may suggest, a tad brighter luminosity + atmo bloom will give the embers life. You could also do such in post be just leveling to black with only highlights lit, guassian blurring a bit, apply on screen on whatever, and than ride it all with a layer mask and paint in the embers.

RichTwo

I'd agree with N-drju - looks like a still from a movie.  Wish I had your "lack of inspiration"!
They're all wasted!

Hannes

Thanks for all your input, guys!
I made the flying ships half the size, rendered out a luminosity pass and comped it all together with a little blur on the fire stuff as Jordan suggested. Great ideas!!

Dune

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on January 06, 2021, 10:05:55 AMThanks for all your input, guys!
I made the flying ships half the size, rendered out a luminosity pass and comped it all together with a little blur on the fire stuff as Jordan suggested. Great ideas!!
Oh wow what a difference. Love this image. Very Jaku.

DocCharly65

Wow, what a great scene again! Fabulous work, Hannes!

Hannes