Snow experiments

Started by Dune, January 09, 2021, 04:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Some results of experiments with thick snow.

mhaze

These look great. I've always struggled with this. How about using redirect or Vdisp to get cornices?

Dune

That would work, but I haven't included those here (yet).

WAS

Very cool and pretty convincing. I bet on mountain range at a distance it would be very realistic.

Dune

Yes, almost everything looks more realistic on a distance ;)  Might do that, one day.

pixelpusher636

The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

cocateho26

These are looking awesome, definitely good for landscape shots, close up isn't bad either. It'd be believable with tweaks to improve for each specific scene I think.

Dune

Yes, they are... and thanks guys.

WAS

Some snow adhering to the cliffs in Thick snow_06-01-21-v1_test1.jpg is really fascinating. Looks great.

DocCharly65

Awesome work. Realistic -> more realistic -> Ulco :)

Dune

Well, I wouldn't say my work is always (more than more) realistic. I'm more into experimenting, and getting unexpected stuff out of TG, and hardly ever finish something. But thanks :)

N-drju

I came here far too late! Outstanding work on something that, sadly, is slowly becoming a thing of the past.

Extraordinary work Ulco. With pieces like that, you truly live up to your Dutch ancestors' reputation.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Too late? It's still there

Here's one of my references, btw. That was more or less the idea I was after.

DocCharly65

Ähämm... now you got me... is this a photo as a template or a render?   :o

Dune

Photo (to show what I was after). I wish it were a render :P