Spherical Projection on planet issue

Started by RogueNZ, March 12, 2021, 03:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogueNZ

Hi there,

I've been working mostly trouble free on an Earth model, but an issue has arisen after I moved the planet center to 0,0,0. When using a high resolution image map (60K), it renders with a cut off section near the top of the map. Comparison with the low res texture (4K) attached. Note, the white section is produced in the image map layer itself, and not an underlying layer, as the layer beneath is pink haha.

Any ideas? Seems odd that it is only impacting the high res texture... and that it wasn't an issue when the planet was centered at the default location.

Image maps centered at 0,0,0 as well, position center, size 1 x 1

RogueNZ

Downsampling to 55K seems to have solved the issue.....

WAS

That's... really strange. So the image map is at center too? It's weird cause the map is obviously at the right scale and dimensions, but has a weird cut-off area which makes no sense.

I feel this may be bug related.

By chance is the high res a TIF? Any settings used that may have warned about trouble with some readers?

RogueNZ

Yep, image map centered on the origin as well. It is JPG. Must be a bug of some sort. My system is running 64GB ram

WAS

Yeah, I couldn't even test this. Terragen is saying the files don't exist... lol but I can open them fine in Affinity Photo / Photoshop, and they exist on disk. No funny naming stuff either. Don't see how a 2gb file is going to suddenly take up my 32gb either.