The Yellow House

Started by Dune, May 01, 2021, 01:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I have once made a painting, which is still one of my favorites; The Yellow House. This will be my attempt at mimicking it in TG, though maybe not exactly. Lots of things to do as yet. The house, for one...
The stairs are an object, the outcrop the woman stands on is a big cube fitted to a simple shape masked rock displacement, all getting the same texture. The front ponds are simple shape based.
Lighting will be the most difficult, as the paintings has this ethereal mood.
I had to bulge the rockwall in where the stairs are, but that wasn't so easy. The painted shader has too hard edges, no matter how soft I set it. So I used a soft simple shape, but the problem is that it can't easily be rotated. So I added that as a request to the Project Tracker.

Jo Kariboo

Maybe not like your painting that you use as a starting point, but the vibe is great and romantic. The staircase seems to me to be successful so far, I wonder how you are going to finalize it for the top. I like the rock face too. Once again you prove your mastery of the software.

pclavett

Nice mood on this one Ulco ! Love it !

DocCharly65

I'm really so curious for the final! I see again how romantic and beautifull a foggy ambiance can be!

Dune

Okay, here's the original (oil on panel), and another TG attempt. Mind you, I'm not striving to exactly copy the painting.
I had some trouble with the normals of the house and GISD along poly edges, but I think I got that solved now. PT is obviously much nicer again, but takes so long, mmm.

WAS

Very nice. Looks like a clash between abstract modernity and ancient roma designs, both in the house itself, and clashing with the seemingly original ruins around it.

Jo Kariboo

I had imagined a different type of old architecture from the first image, but finally I find the contrast interesting with this rather modern house.

pixelpusher636

Dune this is off to a fantastic start! I love the original oil painting as well but I find your TG work staggering as always. Nice work!
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

archonforest

Just love the analog version!!!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

SILENCER

Those stairs in the cliffside are pretty boss.

Kadri

Looks very nice. I like both versions.