Parts of imported obj appear invisible

Started by dreamzfiction, August 25, 2021, 09:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamzfiction

Hello creators.. So I recently hit a wall :(  after modelling was done in blender of a house model, I imported the model into terragen 4.5.56 as an obj, parts of the model were visible while others appeared invisible in the viewport and render. Which was never my desire

Ps: I confirmed that all normals were facing the correct orientation.

WAS

Is the effected geometry using ngons? Terragen doesn't render them. Additionally, is the opacity of the object part 0?

dreamzfiction

Yes the geometry is made of ngons, (and triangles).. wow I had no clue that terragen doesn't render ngons.. Will I have to remodel the House? Or is there a way around this?

WAS

Believe there are a few tutorials out there for converting ngons to tris in Blender. I remember this being asked before. Youtube probably has something to follow.

dreamzfiction

Thanks for the quick diagnostics.. I'll follow up on those tutorials.. I'm glad that i know the cause of the problem. Thanks again :)

dreamzfiction

Your suggestion worked like magic.. For blender users simply go to Mesh > Faces > Triangulate Faces and BOOM, you have Tris. After importing back to terragen i'm glad to inform you that i'ts no longer wearing the cloak of invisibility :D. Thank you WAS

dreamzfiction

After triangulation was done in blender.. It now looks as intended.