TerraRoad v0.1

Started by aknight0, August 22, 2021, 08:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aknight0

A couple ideas on the verge.  One would be to put a color adjust on the road_and_shoulder_fade mask.  That mask does a gradient from the center line out to the edge of the shoulder.   With the right black and white points you should be able to create a mask a little larger than the road.  Another idea is to re-run the whole thing in a different output folder with a larger road width, and use that larger mask with your original terrain.  I'll add some pictures of the different masks to the docs, and we can add more masks if needed.  

The latest code has options for choosing which masks to export, which should save some time.  Since you have the prerequisites installed, you should just be able to re-download the new code and run it.  The heightfield is still re-processed every time, maybe I should make a separate Create Masks button.

I haven't been able to figure out how to export a good .svg out of Photoshop either.  It's strange, usually my problem is that Affinity is lacking a feature from Photoshop, not the other way around.

mhaze

I realized I could use a Colour adjust about 15mins ago playing with it now.

jaattvishal

I tried to install it, but I got a few warnings and error with the prerequisites which I don't understand, though It's late here.

aknight0

I just added a new verge mask which can extend out beyond the shoulder if desired.  

jaattvhishal, the warnings should be fine.  Can you post the error you're getting?  Also check out the video I posted earlier in this thread for a rough walkthrough of the installation.

mhaze

Great,that will be useful.

gao_jian11

Great project. The mountain road needs to extend gently along a certain height. I used a contour node paper as a reference, so that the layout of the mountain road can be more reasonable.

WAS

That's a good idea. Though, I'm not sure, but I think you'd want your roads to hug between the contour lines. As the area with no lines indicate the "flat" areas of the terrain where the contours indicate levels of altitude sloping? Maybe I'm backwards there.

aknight0

I actually have adding reference contours on my to-do list, since I've also found that it's difficult to eyeball a consistent elevation on a mountain.  Should help with creating more natural looking paths.  It will probably be a second button next to the 'Terrain to JPEG' button.  I do like the shadows on your top-down render though, that gives some nice context.

WAS, usually the contours are lines of constant elevation, spaced evenly in elevation, so lots of lines close together means a steep slope.

WAS

Quote from: aknight0 on September 01, 2021, 03:05:32 PMWAS, usually the contours are lines of constant elevation, spaced evenly in elevation, so lots of lines close together means a steep slope.

Oh yeah, I know that, but what I mean is, like you said, they're a constant denotion of elevation frequency, so the largest intervals, and the centre spacing between them should be the flattest areas of the topology. That's how I've always read hunting maps, and was pretty consistent with the real terrain.

aknight0

Toggle

do you get when you run the pip install instructions?

Toggle

when you run the pip install instructions?

WAS

Quote from: Toggle on November 08, 2021, 11:04:03 AMwhen you run the pip install instructions?
Hey Toggle, are you using a translator? It's a hard to understand your posts.

Hannes

Quote from: WAS on November 09, 2021, 03:33:07 AMHey Toggle, are you using a translator? It's a hard to understand your posts.
I think, it's spam. Lots of strange comments.

Dune

Spammer for sure. Nonsense sentences, nothing useful anyway.