no files saved

Started by Dune, September 18, 2021, 02:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

So what did I do wrong? I hardly ever use the save all to disk method (and probably forgot something), but I wanted to have a depth pass, so added a render layer and checked surface depth, then saved as shown in the screenshot, and hit render all to disk. Nothing saved :(

WAS

Huh, well that is strange. I just checked and it saved my depth pass. I am assuming something to do with the path, or the location it's trying to save.

It isn't by chance Read-Only? The folder location?

Dune

No, nothing like that. I'll do some experiments with small files.

Balletdude

So are depth passes the same as the ones in blender, for creating mist/ gradations etc. and are they then composited in a different program? if so which one photoshop? Didn't realise this was something you could do in Terragen, would like to have a play around with it

Simon

WAS

You can use depth in photoshop as a lens blur mask, for creating accurate-ish DOF. This is how it's often used in other applications too.

Dune

It's faster to let TG make a depth pass, than having it render DOF, but less accurate. And it needs extra work in PS; copy the depth pass into the alpha channel of the beauty pass and use lens blur to set your depth and distance for the blur.