Moon Over Little Falls

Started by sboerner, May 18, 2021, 11:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Great characters again!Hair in Zbrush is great, but I also always struggle to manage it. There are brushes, but there's a setting that needs changing or they don't work very pleasantly.

sboerner

QuoteWould love to see the finished project
Same. This one seems to be taking forever.

QuoteThere are brushes, but there's a setting that needs changing or they don't work very pleasantly.
Pretty sure I know which one you're talking about. Took me a while to find it.

DocCharly65

That will become a masterpiece again when the landscape is filled with all the lovely people! Great developement!

sboerner

Dune

Wonderful characters again! And I like the subtle sheen on the woman's clothing.

sboerner

Thanks, Ulco. Never thought I'd be spending time learning about Regency-era clothing styles, but here we are.

I can see that this thread is starting to get a little monotonous, and will hold off on posting more until the final image nears completion. Probably a few more weeks.

Dune

sboerner

OK, just one more and I promise I'll stop.  :)

Dune

I don't mind seeing these :D  The forum isn't very lively anyway, so post along as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to see what he's doing... maybe opening the sluices...

sboerner

Quotemaybe opening the sluices
That's right! Or very close! He and his pal will be pulling on the balance beams to close the lock gate.

Here are a couple more. Work on this scene has been going at a glacial pace. I've been up to my ears in research and the machine has been busy 24/7 rendering print-resolution renderings of previous scenes. Hope to start selling high-quality glicée prints on my website soon.

Dune

Your work on this has been really meticulate, as I've also just seen on your website. It's a wonderful project and I hope many visitors will learn more about the past of your area.
Selling giclée prints is a good idea too. Good luck!

And these characters are very artful again!

sboerner

Thanks, Ulco. I've learned so much from you and others on this forum, and that (plus many years of experience by now) is starting to pay off. Even so I sometimes get discouraged by the amount of time and effort that these scenes require. So I appreciate the encouragement.

masonspappy

Quote from: sboerner on September 25, 2021, 01:59:36 PMEven so I sometimes get discouraged by the amount of time and effort that these scenes require.
The time you have invested in this appears to have paid off handsomely!

Dune

Quote from: sboerner on September 25, 2021, 01:59:36 PMEven so I sometimes get discouraged by the amount of time and effort that these scenes require
I know, but I also see it as the travel that's worth more than the destination. Counts for me at least. Working on something is great if you see it progress, and when it's finished you get a short period of great satisfaction.... and then the urge is there to start something new again. It's the artists' 'burden' I guess.

sboerner

Thanks, @masonspappy. Much more time to invest in this one, it may be the most detailed one yet.

QuoteI know, but I also see it as the travel that's worth more than the destination. Counts for me at least. Working on something is great if you see it progress, and when it's finished you get a short period of great satisfaction.... and then the urge is there to start something new again. It's the artists' 'burden' I guess.

All true. And in my case (maybe yours as well) the travel is literal as well. The research has taken me back and forth across New York state to visit remnants of the original canal and also libraries and historical archives. There's nothing quite like sifting through a box of documents from the early 1800s, or poring over old maps. It's been a fascinating journey.