Camera Rotation Keyframe Frustration

Started by JimHT, October 12, 2021, 03:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimHT

I'm trying to set up a set of keyframes for camera rotation to output 6 frames of a skybox. I have set the following camera rotations on frames 1 through 6:
Frame 1 : 0, 0, 0
Frame 2 : 0, -90, 0
Frame 3 : 0, 180, 0
Frame 4 : 0, 90, 0
Frame 5 : 90, 0, 180
Frame 6 : -90, 0, 180

When I step through the frames, the preview shows me exactly what I am expecting to get for output. But rendering the image of any given frame gives me something radically different. By frame 4, the view is rotated to the left and is pointing nowhere the direction specified in the keyframes.

There must be something about this that I am just not understanding. Help?

snippet.jpg

KlausK

hi, works for me like expected.
My test scene attached.
Did you keyframe ALL position and rotation x y z values for each frame?
Take a look ant the Animation Panel window (F8).
Frame the curves, all set to linear?

If you posted your scene it would be easier to diagnose.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

JimHT

I can confirm your scene file works as expected. Here is mine (hope I attached it correctly).

Sunny Day.tgd

quick edit: as a test I took all the scene nodes from my file and pasted them into your scene file and rendered the sequence. It all works. There might be some ancient gunk in the file preventing it from working correctly. The original scene file was created back in 2013.

KlausK

The file you attached works fine for me.
I can see it was >> written_by_version = "4.4.67.0" <<. That is not the file from 2013, is it? TG 4.4.67 isn`t that old, right?
Anyway, since it works now, all good, I guess.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

SILENCER

Best to do your camera moves in an external 3D app. Blender is free and after you get your head around it you'll be fine. Lightwave, despite its fossil status, makes camera animation effortless.

Terragen's graph editor seems more of a courtesy than anything else. Executing anything but the most basic camera move will drive you batty.