Liunx export VDB problem

Started by noahding, October 19, 2021, 04:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahding

I want to export the VDB of a piece of sky, please help me check whether there is any problem with my Settings 
I made the cloud in Terragen and exported it in Liunx.  The prime volume of the cloud is 1000, but the derived VDB is not ideal.  Will that be the case?

Matt

The resolution of the voxel buffer is controlled on the Optimisation tab of your cloud layer, using the "millions of voxels" parameter. The main use of this setting is for optimising rendering, but the VDB exporter also uses this number when it generates the voxel buffer.

Try increasing the "millions of voxels" to 100 or higher. For high quality results you might even need values around 1000 or more.

For more information: https://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=VDB_Export
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

For clouds I was exporting for film, they didn't like the results until I was hitting 2048-4096 millions of voxels. Took my PC forever just to set the settings to save the project just to go export on linux.

noahding

Quote from: WAS on October 25, 2021, 01:13:17 PM对于我为电影导出的云,他们不喜欢结果,直到我达到 2048-4096 百万体素。我的电脑永远只是为了设置保存项目的设置,只是为了在 linux 上导出。
非常感谢!我已经解决并成功导出了高质量的VDB,"百万体素"达到了4000。我用VDB渲染了6个方向的光照并导入到UE中测试效果,到目前为止还是不错的

noahding

Quote from: Matt on October 25, 2021, 06:20:12 AM体素缓冲区的分辨率在云层的优化选项卡上控制,使用"数百万体素"参数。此设置的主要用途是优化渲染,但 VDB 导出器在生成体素缓冲区时也会使用此数字。

尝试将"数百万体素"增加到 100 或更高。为了获得高质量的结果,您甚至可能需要大约 1000 或更多的值。

更多信息:https://planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=VDB_Export

Matt

Quote from: noahding on October 26, 2021, 07:42:09 AM非常感谢!我已经解决并成功导出了高质量的VDB,"百万体素"达到了4000。我用VDB渲染了6个方向的光照并导入到UE中测试效果,到目前为止还是不错的

Google Translated: Thank you very much! I have solved and successfully exported a high-quality VDB, the "million voxels" reached 4000. I used VDB to render the lighting in 6 directions and imported it into UE to test the effect. So far it is good.

I'm glad that worked :)
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

noahding

如何控制云的前后深度?

noahding

Quote from: Matt on October 26, 2021, 09:20:13 PM
Quote from: noahding on October 26, 2021, 07:42:09 AM非常感谢!我已经解决并成功导出了价格的VDB,"百万体素"达到了4000。我用VDB渲染了6个方向的测试效果并导入到UE中,结果还是不错的

Google翻译:非常感谢!我已经解决并成功导出了一个高质量的VDB,"百万体素"达到了4000。我用VDB渲染了6个方向的光照,导入到UE中测试效果。到目前为止还不错。

我很高兴这有效 :)

如何控制云的前后深度?