Fly over

Started by Hannes, November 17, 2021, 06:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

This is the exact same terrain like in my snowscape scene. But less snow... ;)
I rendered the scene originally in 800 X 450 px. But I purchased a new toy: Topaz Labs Video Enhance AI. This is really an amazing piece of software. I upscaled the original video to Full HD, and it's great how it works.
Unfortunately it's compressed, so the quality is a bit less.

Dune

This is great. And you're right, it looks very good at the bigger size. Have to check that software out. It's probably an online app, not offline (AI)?

There's one part (@2 sec) that's really blurry. Did you do that on purpose? Like exhaust heat?

Hannes

Thanks Ulco.
It's mostly offline, but for some purposes it downloads some needed files.

Yes, it was on purpose. Some zooming in while losing focus for a second.

Hannes

...but there's exhaust heat blur as well...

Dune

It's a great effect. Is that in the Topaz app as well, or did you use another video app as well?
And speaking of the Topaz app; is it possible to resize a still to say twice the size with uncompromised good quality? Because sometimes you can see it's a little fake here and there, too smooth or so. That would be very good for stills that need to be pretty sharp for a museum wall or something.

WAS

This is really cool! Great work for sure!

Quote from: Hannes on November 17, 2021, 06:37:46 AMBut I purchased a new toy: Topaz Labs Video Enhance AI. This is really an amazing piece of software.

I thought about adding this to my list, but wondered if I'd need it since I export in sequences and already have Topaz Gigapixel which can do batches. Is there benefits?

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on November 18, 2021, 02:08:12 AMAnd speaking of the Topaz app; is it possible to resize a still to say twice the size with uncompromised good quality? Because sometimes you can see it's a little fake here and there, too smooth or so. That would be very good for stills that need to be pretty sharp for a museum wall or something.
I don't know yet, if it works with stills. However, even if some areas sometimes might look a bit fake, I'd say, most of the time the result is impressive

Quote from: WAS on November 18, 2021, 02:13:55 AMI thought about adding this to my list, but wondered if I'd need it since I export in sequences and already have Topaz Gigapixel which can do batches. Is there benefits?
I didn't know, it can do batches. Cool.

I'm not sure, if the result would be the same, if you'd process the sequence one by one (even in batches) it might look different than the results of the video edition, which perhaps takes motion for example into account as well.

WAS

I'd imagine to mitigate the inherent issues with AI they may be interpolating. Which may look relatively the same, but final result may be missing frames. As for motion you'd probably not want to feed any post-edited videos for the most part cause of the matrixing that appears in motion blurs, or stuff liker FX. You'd probably get best results applying all that to do upscaled video of the RAW.

I'm using 6x upscale on that mount st Helens to really show the AI's interpretation of the images, and going to turn those into a video. We'll see what the results are like. Going from 1280x720 to 7680x4320. That should really make it dance if there is huge differences in how the AI sees the image each frame. If the AI works like they say it does, by the time the first frame is done, the AI engine should now be somewhat familiar with that landscape to work on a next frame, and then start better understanding what's going on in the whole deal as it progresses.

Meaning a second attempt may yield better results after training their AI.

UPDATE: Surprisingly, it works very well. The full 7680x4320 video actually looked great, though played like a slideshow on my GPU lol Here it is attached scaled down to 2560x1440 and compressed a bit for TG forums (original images were 1280x720). You can see the areas Topaz did it's magic, and they are stable through motion.

PS I thought the low level jitter of surface detail was Topaz Labs, but it's not, it's in the original timelapse video too, it's from the sequence images.

PPS I put he FPS to 10 instead of 21 to hopefully see any radical changes more, so sorry for the stutter, it's on purpose.

WAS

Oh, and it took me 6 and a half minutes to process the 60 frames to 2560x1440, is that longer than the video one?

Hannes

I can only see one image, when I play the video. Is that correct?

WAS

No, that is definitely not correct. xD

What video player are you using? I use Media Player Classic because it comes with FFMPEG media codec set (which is like every common codec besides some specialized ones you can side load optionally). VLC Player and MPC should both be able to view it. I think Windows Media Player (with Windows) only has "their" common codecs.

Hannes

I started with the Media player that comes with Windows and got the first error message. Then I tried VLC, which opened the file, but showed me one static image. Weird...

WAS

Strange. It loads for me in VLC too. It's probably k-lite I have installed. It has FFMPEG and bunch of codecs in a pack that most video players can use, like built-in windows media player, vlc, etc.

https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

The video itself is using libx265 codec, but I thought that was pretty common. Though maybe not.

WAS

Here is a MKV Standard H.264 maybe this will play. Lol

Hannes

Now it works. Thanks, Jordan. It looks really cool.