Raised Bog Attempt

Started by WAS, November 15, 2021, 02:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Little attempt with the voronoi maps I exported. I added stuff to the water last minute before I rendered, and it definitely could have used mor work, but oh well.

Hannes

Amazing!!! That looks really great, Jordan. Very natural.

Dune

That looks really good! I like the mystery you added by way of the fog.

pixelpusher636

The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

WAS

Here are a couple more iterations. One where I defined the grasses better, and another where I added heather that I had to create. Could only find single models that were really pricey.  Tried to add some animals, Hannes flock, some eagles and a deer from the Truebone_Z-OO FBX pack online. Not happy with the elk and eagles though. Very low poly for like games.

WAS

PS, I'd share the heather models but I'm afraid I'm embarassed I spent time on all these variations, just to forget to make all the blooms crossed cards for better volume. So they're all single cards.

Dune

For cards, they look very good. Nice improvement.

WAS

Yeah they're not bad. I decided to go through the base models and give the blooms crossed cards. Looks a lot better. Will look even better in TG and not a low quality Java renderer. Lol

I used a 1 free credit to download a commercial use image of heather flowers, and then found a commercial use image from google of a leaf sprig, and boom. Heather plant. xD

Dune

We live near extensive heathlands, so I've made my own heather, but this wouldn't misfit in that series, as it's simple and still looks good. Sometimes it's hard to find a particular leaf, branch+leaves, or bark. Especially in the right (dull) lighting conditions.

mhaze