Moving forward

Started by Ariel DK, November 22, 2021, 08:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel DK

Firstly, i'm leaving Facebook (i'm tired to be there), but i really want to say i gonna miss the Terragen Galleries, thats for sure. I'm on Twitter btw ( @Arieldk_ )
Im also moved to Blender and UE some time ago, still learning but i hope to post some nice works soon. I NOT leaved Terragen of course, i was simply too busy to play with it.
ALso long time ago i have a big shortfilm project on mind, a live action one. Just hope i could find the time in the future to come about with this, for me is like, you know, like a dream (i couldn't study cinematography when i had the chance) so, as we say here in Argentina: "wish me dung" (or luck as well) ;D
Of course i'm always here around...
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

WAS

I am getting tired of Facebook. More specifically, it's algorithms. For example, I just got banned for yet another 30 days, this time for saying "Well, I guess my family is more Mexican than I thought", obviously implying I grew up pretty much the same to a video about "Growing up Mexican". Apparently that's hate speech or something. Whatever. Getting tired of it.

Your ideas for a film are ambitious, and I wish you luck there. I wonder what about?

I'm learning blender as well, though not UE yet. Blender is pretty interesting. A little frustrating in certain aspects. Some of the logic of things implemented are weird to me.

Is UE difficult to get into?

Ariel DK

Quote from: WAS on November 22, 2021, 08:51:23 PMI am getting tired of Facebook. More specifically, it's algorithms. For example, I just got banned for yet another 30 days, this time for saying "Well, I guess my family is more Mexican than I thought", obviously implying I grew up pretty much the same to a video about "Growing up Mexican". Apparently that's hate speech or something. Whatever. Getting tired of it.
I had exactly the similar problem with FB algorithms: i said hello to a childhood friend using the cultural term "negrito", which is a friendly way of refer to a person of color, and literally means "person of color", nothing more. Is even much more friendly that the term "nigga", just to make you an idea. I get banned for 14 days. I putted me in contact with FB and told them that if they dont want to promove rascism, recognize the words by is original cultural meaning, otherwise they are promoting the rascist mean of the word itself. I get banned another 14 days more, wich it was insane hahaha

Quote from: WAS on November 22, 2021, 08:51:23 PMYour ideas for a film are ambitious, and I wish you luck there. I wonder what about?

I'm writing the story right now, as a short sci-fi tale. It would be ambiented in the near future 2112 when the humanity is divede in two factions: the inner faction based on Earth, and the outer faction based on the Jupiter and Saturn colonies. I just want to tell story about a realistic space warfare, involving all the orbital mechanics and the real scientifical research about it, but very centered at the main characters, and going deep to the human aspect of all them. The tittle is "Children of the Sun". As the places, the main 5 characters (less than 10 in total), and the develop of the plot is really well defined, is not to expensive to make a short film from it. With all the real-time technologies coming about, im estimated an initial 5000 dollars production cost, wich is really not bad at all...

UE and Blender are both crucial for this, especially the face motion capture tools that UE guys are developing.
Unreal Engine 4 & 5 is nothing hard to understand, but the basic nodes logic could be tricky, its still tricky for me. Blender is much more like C4D, so it wasn't hard to learn for me...
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

PabloMack

I deactivated my Facebook account about a week after I registered it several years ago now. I never looked back. I recently got red flagged on LinkedIn after commenting an article about Britney Spears being free of her conservatorship. I wrote "Now she has enough rope to hang herself". To Texans, that just has the equivalent meaning "With greater freedom comes greater responsibilty". There are too many incompetent woke people in places of power these days.