Excursion

Started by Hannes, December 28, 2021, 11:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

First of all: thanks to Ulco for his fantastic "terrain from cubes and spheres"-file!
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,29685.msg290852.html#msg290852

I used one of the cubes, multiplied it and placed them until I was happy. Like Ulco I used one shader setup for all cubes, so they blend nicely into each other. I changed some things and kept other ones.
Initially it wasn't planned to make a sci fi image once again, but the structures of the cubes looked so bizarre, that I couldn't resist.

Dune

Awesome! Thanks for using the file, Hannes.

WAS

Wow that looks awesome. I have yet to try this. I usually end up on Blender trying to model it.

Stormlord

Truly absolutely awesome!

STORMLORD
(@Dune, THX for sharing your scenery)

Jo Kariboo

Impressive...very nice scene !

mhaze

Hannes

WAS

Have you tried like erosion on something like this? Since it works off Y it should theoretically still work. And with the same seen may match up? I dunno.

pixelpusher636

Love the outcrops and the dust up from their walking!
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Dune

The problem with erosion is that you loose all outcrops.

Luc

I also love this image and as is the case in almost all your images, this elegant post-processing where you add slight optical distortions as if it were a photo taken with a real lens (chromatic aberrations ..)
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

Hannes

Thanks Luc!! Yes, I love this sort of postwork. Applying chromatic abberation is always somehow magic, although it's very subtle.

pclavett