Meadow View

Started by aknight0, January 03, 2022, 12:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aknight0

I've been working on this one for a few weeks, and the final at 4k took 41 hours with the path tracer, which I think is a new record for me.  Background mountains are Gaea with added displacements in Terragen.  Vegetation Xfrog and ArchModels.  My main goal here was something I've been trying to do for a long time, which was to get a decent-looking alpine meadow into a full scene. 

Meadow View_smaller.jpg

raymoh

You have succeeded very well. It reminds me of some areas here in the Swiss Alps. Allow me a brief comment: Compared to the very realistic landscape, the clouds seem a bit "artificial" to me. The cloud edges are too sharp for me and seem so somewhat "unnatural". But that is my personal impression. All in all, a very nice picture.
By the way: I know such long render times as well.  :-) ... and the impatience to wait for the result, whether it corresponds to the ideas.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

Hannes

Wow, beautiful!!!! I'm sure the vegetation wouldn't look so natural without the path tracer. But I have to say, I agree, that the clouds are by far not as good as the rest. I'm not sure, if you would do another render for more than 40 hours. Maybe a crop render only with the cloud area?

KlausK

Looking beautiful.
Also agree on the clouds...if you don`t mind, in my mind I`d rather see this kind of sky

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Jo Kariboo

Very beautiful picture, nice variation on the mountain. Clouds as others have mentioned don't look natural in this context.

aknight0

Thanks!  Fair point on the clouds.  The sky actually renders pretty quickly compared to the ground, so I might try another crop render with a cloud re-mix.

aknight0

Or I might just use the sky replacement tool in Photoshop ::)

Haha, it's actually not too bad! ;)

Meadow View_SkyReplace.jpg

Hannes

That looks indeed cool!!! :)

pclavett

The clouds on the second render are perfect and love that rain like mist behind the mountains...... this is awesome work !