A few lightyears from home

Started by Hannes, January 14, 2022, 04:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I can't stop using Ulco's displaced cubes...
I had no idea which direction this image would take, and actually I still don't know the deeper meaning of it...
I just liked it...

mhaze

Incredible work! Great use of Ulco's cubes, composition and lighting.

Dune

Ulco's cubes, haha. Well, I do like you mentioning it :)

A great scene again, wonderful, intriguing structures, and great light. Love it! An animation with a spaceship flying around.....

Stormlord

Wonderfull Design, great perspective!

STORMLORD
Link to my Artwork

Hannes

Thanks a lot, guys!!
Most of the time when I finished an image I think about animating it. But it's so time consuming.
We'll see...

masonspappy

Quote from: Hannes on January 14, 2022, 05:43:20 AMMost of the time when I finished an image I think about animating it. But it's so time consuming.

Just hit the render button and then sit back and watch the grass grow.... :)

Hannes

;D ;D ;D
Now that you mentioned it... It happened some time ago, that I indeed hit the render button, went to bed and was looking forward to see the finished animation the next morning.
But I hit the "render" button, instead of the "render sequence" button. Quite disappointing to see only one frame rendered... >:(

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Hannes

WAS

Quote from: Dune on January 14, 2022, 05:23:53 AMUlco's cubes, haha. Well, I do like you mentioning it :)

A great scene again, wonderful, intriguing structures, and great light. Love it! An animation with a spaceship flying around.....

Well it's a good thing we aren't using spheres and saying balls. Lol
This is really cool. Love the atmosphere and lighting. I actually thought this was like asteroids in the thumb. Gave me ideas immediately with my crater shader. :p

sboerner

Wow. Love the point of view and lighting. Reminds me of something out of Larry Niven's books, but can't quite put my finger on it.

QuoteBut I hit the "render" button, instead of the "render sequence" button. Quite disappointing to see only one frame rendered...

Done this too. :D

Dune

Quote from: WAS on January 14, 2022, 12:15:41 PMWell it's a good thing we aren't using spheres and saying balls. Lol
;D

Yeah, and me too :-[

Hannes

That's what came into my mind as well... ;D

pixelpusher636

So cool Hannes! Love the lighting and how did you get the moss to hang down? Is that a model or some type of procedural trick? 
Amazing work.
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Hannes

Thank you!! Well, the hanging down stuff is actually a population of some structures I created with the Ivy generator in 3ds Max. It's a hanging structure, which is turned upside down.
I placed the population below the distorted cube and rotated it by 180° using the x-axis (could probably be the z-axis as well), so that the population "projects" the instances to the underside.