Blocky seams with fractal warp. Pleasy helpy

Started by dzigakaiser, May 10, 2022, 11:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzigakaiser

Hello hello fellow terrageners!

Do you know by any chance why I am getting those strong blocky seams when using the fractal warp shader? It gets more visible to lower I go with the roughness.

Screenshot 2022-05-11 055301.jpg
Any tips greatly appreciated:)
Thank you!

WAS

This is just unfortunately just something the fractal warp shader does. It's much better for rough warping. I suggest using the warp input shader and a PF with better displacement continuity.

dzigakaiser

Matt

I'm late to the party here, but you can apply a Smoothing Filter shader after the Fractal Warp shader to smooth out those lines. Just note that it might smooth out the Power Fractals upstream of it too, but you can stop this by unchecking "Obey downstream smoothing filters" on any fractal whose details you want to preserve.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on May 25, 2022, 08:55:46 PMI'm late to the party here, but you can apply a Smoothing Filter shader after the Fractal Warp shader to smooth out those lines. Just note that it might smooth out the Power Fractals upstream of it too, but you can stop this by unchecking "Obey downstream smoothing filters" on any fractal whose details you want to preserve.

Oh sweet! Probably would have never thought of that. Good thing there is a work around. It's a lot easier to throw in then setting up a PF and warper.