playing with animation in blender

Started by Balletdude, June 15, 2022, 01:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balletdude

Not Terragen, so hope it's ok to share. Been playing with the new (iso) geometry nodes in blender, and recreated the Falcons targeting display from Star Wars Think it's come out quite well

Hannes

Balletdude

Quote from: Hannes on June 16, 2022, 02:15:05 AMLooks great!!
Thank you managed to come up with a way to draw the grid out, though it's not as in the film, still working on that.
Best part, I haven the most powerful computer, but because I'm only rendering lines and 2 flat colours, it took about 1 minute 30 to render the full video at this size (went for 24fps since that is traditional film speed)

WAS

That's awesome! I haven't looked into these yet, but they seem very useful for stuff just like this, and like HUD displays.

Balletdude

Quote from: WAS on June 16, 2022, 04:16:46 PMThat's awesome! I haven't looked into these yet, but they seem very useful for stuff just like this, and like HUD displays.
They are, if its just for displays etc like this, you can render at 1 sample in eevee, and get a decent result (this was rendered at 1 sample)
but you can do quite a lot, particle systems, hair systems etc, and modelling. There's lots of amazing tutorials on it on you tube