Minimum Graphics Card RAM Requierments for TG2

Started by Cyber-Angel, December 31, 2007, 08:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

The kind of Graphics Card/Amound of memory on a graphics Card will not make any diffrence to system preformance while running TG 2, The point is The Renderer Uses Normal RAM to store data while it works and CPU to render the graphics. Now your system will run according to the CPU Usage, and since TG 2 uses a large amount of CPU, so if you want a more smooth preformacne with your system while running TG 2, I suggest upgrading your RAM and CPU.

One other Quick Note: Graphics Card upgrades should only be used if you either 1: Play games on your computer or 2: use your computer for other graphic intense programs, such as 3D Modeling programs

Oshyan

Zionner is correct, the amount of graphics card RAM will not have a notable effect on TG2's performance. Just avoid a graphics card with "shared memory" (meaning it uses some of the main system memory for itself). The majority of non-budget and not-onboard solutions do not use shared memory.

- Oshyan

Will

aye video cards are mainly designed for people like me. who are either playing games like Crysis or working with a few million polys in real time on screen. Otherwise they don't do much for you.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

zionner

Also: If you do upgrade your CPU, get one with at least 2 cores, so you can let TG run on 1 core, and have your computer running ok on the other one

Will

http://www.boxxtech.com/Products/APEXX/apexx8_overview.asp

32 cores baby!

..wish I had one...

but yea dual cores are getting cheaper by the day look on Newegg or something.

zionner

:o

Wow!!!

I didnt even know there WAS a 32 core CPU lmao

Will

think its like 8 quads

in 50 years we will all be running on a box like this  :D

zionner

Will

same, pentium D, but I drew you off topic....again, for which I apologize.

zionner

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Cyber-Angel

My trouble is in order to upgrade my processor I'd need to completely upgrade my main board as my processor is based on Socket-A technology and I don't think that you can buy processors for that socket type any more. Once you change the main board you may need a new power supply, new fan and maybe new memory so once your done you've almost completely rebuilt your system and that is some thing I can not afford to do right now nor do I know how even if I could afford it.

Right now my current processor is an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ which I know is now as old as the dinosaurs but thats what I have. 

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel         

zionner

ok, In that case I would recommend RAM! and lots of it!

Cyber-Angel

Same problem (For now) my main board only has two memory slots (Pretty poor I know) and only supports 512MB which is what I have, so for now I'm stuck with an under powered machine which is now 5yrs old and is frankly three or even more generations behind.

If I should be in the position to be able afford an new system what kinds of specifications should I be looking for, I read some where the CGI pro's use systems with dual quad-cores and at least 4GB's of RAM.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

zionner

Ok, My specs arent Great, and are nowhere near these ones, I'm saying this to show these sort of specs arent needed for a good system

ok: Recommended Specs:

4x 3.4 GHZ CPU (3.4 GHZ Quad Core)
>4 GB RAM DDR
Graphics Card----Dosent Matter

My Specs/Mid Range:

2x 2.8 GHZ (2.8 GHZ Dual Core)
2 GB RAM DDR
Graphics Card--Again dosent matter, but 512MB Geforce 8500 GT