no topic

Started by jcinbama, January 31, 2008, 11:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcinbama

sry

old_blaggard

Very nice - thanks for sharing this!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Cyber-Angel

Could same one tell me what the difference is between an Organ pipe cactus (Stenocereus thurberi) and the Saguaro cactus (Carnegiea gigantea) as I'd like to know?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

dandelO

QuoteCould same one tell me what the difference is between an Organ pipe cactus (Stenocereus thurberi) and the Saguaro cactus (Carnegiea gigantea) as I'd like to know?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

So, you have the internet, you know the full Latin names of each species, and you still need telling what the difference is? Seems like a strange question, couldn't you fit it all into the search bar or something?  :D

Cyber-Angel

Just need to know from people who live in the particular states where these cacti grow (That look vary similar) what the difference is, call it scientific curiosity or indeed inquiring minds need to know and all that: or as Mr. Eldon Tyrell put it "Indulge me". Think on this an idea remains just an idea until basic knowledge turns that idea into theory, a theory remains a theory until accurate (Repeatable) experimentation, and verifiable data (Ideally tested with the double blind method to exclude bias) turns theory into a hypothesis which in turn remains just that until proved or not as fact, this then is the nature of science I have at this time the kernel of an idea; I asked so that I may either move forward or not and forget the whole thing, and chalk it up as another bad experience.

In the end then I ask things like this because I can not stand wasted time in any portion of my life, weather that be in my on-line or off-line life; one of the key lesions I have learned form many sources including people I've meet, books, history, school and else where is that if there is some thing you don't know find some one or several some one's who do and ask; you can then get the information you require and you can get on with you day. Think of it this way, Imagen a line of traffic  and some thing happens at the head of the line say some one has a flat or touches the brakes what you get is a ripple effect down the line, which causes slow downs or even jams ; once the front of the line gets moving again it takes a while for that line of traffic to start flowing smoothly again: same thing with information if you don't have what you require at the time that cuts into you efficacy and productivity during the day causing you to be behind, this I do not like...At all.

So with the foregone iconoclast out of the way and for the sake of been irreverent a few pointers to the required data will as you fine people from the union say..."Be Real Swell".

I here by close and humbly thank you for your assistance in these matters.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D                     

Will

your a sentient AI who working on controlling the world arn't you?

Anyway I wold tell you if I knew but honestly your probably better off asking a local botanist, though just by looking I'm guessing the difference is primarily in the arrangement of the thorny things (<- technical term there) and maybe growth rates. Minor evolutionary changes based on their local climate.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: Will on February 01, 2008, 06:56:16 AM

Anyway I wold tell you if I knew but honestly your probably better off asking a local botanist, though just by looking I'm guessing the difference is primarily in the arrangement of the thorny things (<- technical term there) and maybe growth rates. Minor evolutionary changes based on their local climate.

Aye, That would seem the logical thing to do, I can get the basic taxonomy from the Internet then a botanist should be able to help from there. When it comes to facts I like to be sure what I'm dealing with, this includes matters pertaining to the natural world; this in turn is put into practice (Software limitations allowing, and the reason for many of my feature requests here) in my digital landscape art.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel. End of Line.

;D       

joshbakr

Two Pictures are worth 2000 Words.  ;)

rcallicotte

Wonderful, jcinbama!  Thanks!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

@josh - Are these TG2 renders?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

joshbakr

choronr

@CyberAngel: Horticulturists say that the Saguaro is the only cactus that is considered a tree. The Organ-pipe cactus only grows in southeastern Arizona and northern Mexico; whereas the Saguaro has a wider range.

Will

Quote from: joshbakr on February 01, 2008, 12:11:36 PM
Quote from: calico on February 01, 2008, 11:55:14 AM
@josh - Are these TG2 renders?

LOL No, I wish though.

Your suppose to say "why yes, yes they are".

old_blaggard

Wow, those pictures really bring out the realism of the model.  Thanks again for sharing :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will