Spirit Lake Log Mat (Test Render)

Started by sonshine777, February 05, 2008, 07:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Quote from: bigben on February 05, 2008, 03:31:46 PM
Looking good. Nice reflection on the logs and as you say the intersections aren't that noticeable unless you specifically go looking for them

My hope is that as I build on this the foreground will have some broken off stumps (more ragged than the one here) surrounded by some new growth etc...

sonshine777

Here is the second POV I have been working on. Still testing things ;D

Will

Ilike this one better, though I think you should make the mountain (volcano, what ever) more the center of the image.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dhavalmistry

just a small critic...if you can manage, you can have some dead areas around the dead tree for more realism....and why so many logs??....is the volcano throwing off the logs??? :D
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

sonshine777

Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 05, 2008, 07:28:50 PM
just a small critic...if you can manage, you can have some dead areas around the dead tree for more realism....and why so many logs??....is the volcano throwing off the logs??? :D

Yes as a matter of fact. :)

dandelO

Looking fine at this stage, man!
I reckon you should go with the 2nd POV, although both are looking good I think this one's the better.

sonshine777

Quote from: dandelO on February 05, 2008, 07:50:43 PM
Looking fine at this stage, man!
I reckon you should go with the 2nd POV, although both are looking good I think this one's the better.

Thanks.  :) This second one has always been the preferred, I just thought I would see how they both looked. I really am looking forward to the final version, so I can crank up the settings.  ;D

rcallicotte

I like this second POV, too. 

Are you going to sell the final?  Something to think about on this site...copyrighting, etc.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

I like the lighting on the logs a lot better in the 1st image you posted. Looks more realistic. Very, very nice in fact. :)

- Oshyan

sonshine777

Quote from: calico on February 05, 2008, 09:30:56 PM
I like this second POV, too. 

Are you going to sell the final?  Something to think about on this site...copyrighting, etc.

I really haven't thought about selling it. I have lived with Mt St Helens in my backyard (60 miles away) for 23 years .  It has always been a dream of mine to recreate the stark beauty of the post eruption landscape. TG2 has opened up the path the possibility of attaining that dream.

Who knows selling it may be an option but I want to get it closer to final.

sonshine777

Quote from: Oshyan on February 06, 2008, 12:01:50 AM
I like the lighting on the logs a lot better in the 1st image you posted. Looks more realistic. Very, very nice in fact. :)

- Oshyan

In this thread or the other thread?

Oshyan