New Star Wars Movie

Started by matrix2003, February 12, 2008, 06:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrix2003

Check this out:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
-  is Coming in August!

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/02/11/star-wars-the-clone-wars-is-coming-to-theaters/

The movie is a full-length animated feature, out in August 2008.
- and check this:  Lucas is to re-release the originals in 3D in 2010 -! ?

Cool !  I'm a kid yet one more time !  ::)
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Cyber-Angel

Sorry, but that is incorrect Star Wars: The Clone Wars is the name of the new animated TV show from Lucas Animation (Part of the Lucas group of companies that include Skywalker Sound and ILM) the Wikipedia  entry for which is here.

What you are referring to is that the first three episodes may, and I repeat may be joined together and released in theaters as a feature with the rest been shown in its weekly format on TV: which from what I've read should be this fail, but at time of writing this they don't yet have either a channel to broadcast on (its home station as it where) nor do they have syndication in place for international broadcast. According to Rick McCallum the producer on the Star Wars franchise including Star Wars: The Clone Wars release in theaters for the first episode is one of a number of options that are been considered, but as yet nothing definite has been decided.

As to releasing Star Wars in 3D Gorge Lucas has stated that this would only happen when enough theaters are equipped with the technology, other wise it won't happen until that time. 

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel           

matrix2003

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/104044/clonewars_news.php

Star Wars fans rejoice.

Thank you !  I am rejoicing here !

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/

Regards to you.  USE GOOGLE !
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Cyber-Angel

Do I sleep, well yes I do. Its good to see some thing official posted on Star Wars.com and its also posted on Theforce.net which is the site I use most often. As a long time fan (Meaning I first saw episode IV: A New Hope when it was as part of a double feature when Empire Strikes Back was released) I know the cut of the original movies backwards (Having to relearn the cut due to editorial changes for the 1997 Special Editions) A New Hope I have now lost count of the times I've seen that, I lost count after 400: at school I used to give master classes in Stars Wars and correct people when they misquoted dialog, so I know Star Wars and have done a great deal of Internet Research into it over the years.

I am looking forward to both the new animated sires and the as yet to made live action one as well, my only concern is that they respect the continuity of both established "A" cannon and the known time line: but you never know what could happen.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel           

mrwho

I would hope so, seeing as how George Lucas is involved with both, but there could still be a few instances, due to the many, many books dealing with the Star Wars lore

Will

either way it should be interesting, I enjoyed the mini series.

rcallicotte

Nice find.   ;D

What is a clone war?  (Please don't throw stones.)   :P
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

...a war involving clones....

rcallicotte

Are these clones lonely?  Why do they need to fight so much?

<hiding behind Will> 

Will

rcallicotte

A whole infinite space before them and all they can think about are ways to kill each other?  What kind of creatures are these?   :-\

Will

Oshyan

Wait, isn't George Lucas being involved in *anything* Star Wars a *bad* thing at this point? ;)

- Oshyan

Will